- 1 250 Eldorado Pkwy • McKinney, Texas 75069
- 2 Mission Statement
- 3 Property Tax Protest Filing Deadline Changes for 2018
- 4 New Deadline for Business Personal Property Rendition Filings in 2018
- 5 2018 Low Income Housing Apartment Capitalization Rate: 9%
- 6 Waiver of Special Appraisal for Municipal Utility Districts (MUD) or Water Control & Improvement Districts Assessments (WCID)
- 7 Key Annual Cycles
- 8 Contact Us
You’re using an older, unsupported browser which may have an impact on how this site is rendered. Please consider updating your browser.
250 Eldorado Pkwy • McKinney, Texas 75069
- THE PROTEST DEADLINE HAS CHANGED FOR 2018. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Here you’ll find a list of the most recent changes to our website.
- Our 2018 Residential Homestead Application form is now online and can be found here.
- Our 2018 Business Personal Property Rendition Form and Depreciation Schedule are now online and can be found here.
The mission of the Collin Central Appraisal District is to appraise all property in the Collin County Appraisal District at market value equally and uniformly, and to communicate that value annually to each taxpayer and taxing jurisdiction.
Property Tax Protest Filing Deadline Changes for 2018
Due to passage of HB 2228 during the 2017 Texas Legislature, changes were made to the property tax protest filing deadline, the statutory protest deadline was changed to May 15 from May 31, or 30 days after the delivery of the Notice of Appraised Value, whichever is later.
Notices of Appraised Value for all Real Property will be mailed on April 13, 2018. The Protest Deadline for all Real Property, based on the April 13 th mailing date, will be May 15, 2018. The Protest Deadline will be stated in each Notice of Appraised Value.
Notices of Appraised Value for BPP will be split into two mailings. Mailings are scheduled for May 9, 2018 and June 1, 2018. Since every taxable BPP account will be mailed a Notice of Appraised Value, and the minimum protest period of 30 days is later than the May 15th statutory deadline, the protest deadline for a BPP account will be 30 days after the date we mail (deliver) the Notice of Appraised Value. The Protest deadline will be stated in each Notice of Appraised Value.
New Deadline for Business Personal Property Rendition Filings in 2018
Beginning in 2018, the Business Personal Property (BPP) Rendition filing deadline is now April 1, 2018. Our 2018 BPP Rendition Form and Depreciation Schedule are now online and can be found here.
2018 Low Income Housing Apartment Capitalization Rate: 9%
Waiver of Special Appraisal for Municipal Utility Districts (MUD) or Water Control & Improvement Districts Assessments (WCID)
Key Annual Cycles
Below is a visual representation of where we are in several Appraisal District related calendar cycles. Each phase within each calendar cycle can be clicked for additional information about the given phase.
Appraisal & Informal Review Cycle
Exemption & Rendition Cycle
ARB Protest & Roll Certification Cycle
* denotes the active phase within a cycle.
On Eldorado Pkwy, 1.5 miles east of Hwy 75. We are at the northeast corner of Eldorado Pkwy and College Street, McKinney, Texas Mailing & Telephone Information Collin Central Appraisal District